If you are having trouble accessing Screencastify, it can be extremely helpful to gather information about your computer and your network connection to help resolve the issue. In order to assist with that process, we do have a tool that can be used to gather some relevant data. 🥳
Network Check Results
If you are having trouble accessing Screencastify, one reason could be that your school, district, or anti-virus software is blocking access. A handy way to check whether or not Screencastify is being blocked by your school or district filter is by running this test and ensuring all the domains display a "Passed" value.
If you see the message "Failed" in the network check results section, that could indicate you are being affected by network blocking. Please reach out to your IT department to allow https connections to the domains listed. For detailed instructions, please visit this page.
NOTE: The URLs listed on the test page are not complete. For example; the TLD (Top Level Domain) is missing for all of the .com websites and none include protocol aka https://. Please visit the page above for a full listing of URLs to add to your allow list.
- Operating system*
- IP address
- HTML5 Canvas*
- Temp storage*
- Browser name*
- Chrome version
- CPU cores*
- RAM installed*
- Screen and browser resolution*
- Cookies enabled
- Zoom detected*
- Camera permission
- Microphone permission
- Downlink effective type*
- User agent
- Download and upload speeds
- Jitter and ping times
NOTE: Browser reported information is not entirely accurate and some experimental technology is being used. This information can still give us some insight on the equipment and network you may be using.
How to Use
- Test starts automatically. Please scroll to the bottom of the page and wait until the internet speed test has completed.
- Input the download, jitter, ping and upload values into the input boxes then click "Download Results".
- This will download a file in the format: screencastify-ts-DATE.html (ex: screencastify-ts-2022-05-11T18_54_25.231Z.html); please send us that html file.
What's Next? 🧐
Here are some other useful troubleshooting articles that you may be interested in: