If you purchased a license but are still seeing the free version, there are a few possible options:
- You purchased one of the three products (Record, Edit, Submit) and are looking at a different product.
- You used a different email address to purchase Screencastify than what you are currently signing in with.
- You assigned your license to a different email address than the one you are currently using.
- Screencastify has not yet linked with your Google account and the connection needs to be refreshed.
Purchasing a Different Screencastify Product
Screencastify has three products: Record, Edit, and Submit.
Purchasing one of these products does not automatically extend access to the other two. If, for example, you purchase Edit Unlimited, you will still be limited to five minutes of recording time with Record Free. Here's some more information about each product.
Please upgrade the product that you would like to use the Unlimited features for in order to see the Unlimited options. You can upgrade at any time from your Subscription page: https://app.screencastify.com/account/subscription
Using a Different Email Address
You can check to see which email address you are currently using with Screencastify by going to your Subscription page: https://app.screencastify.com/account/subscription.
You can also check by clicking on the hamburger menu (three horizontal lines) from the Record extension:
Please make sure that your email address matches the one that you used to purchase Screencastify. If you are signed in with a different account, please sign out and sign back in using your Google account that matches the one you used to purchase Screencastify.
Check Your License Assignment
If you're still seeing our free version after you have paid for Screencastify and verified the email address is correct, please check which email your license is assigned to:
- Visit your Users page: https://app.screencastify.com/account/users
- Ensure that the email listed under Manage Licenses is the correct one. If not, you can change it here and click "Save":
NOTE: The email address must be a Google account to be able to sign into Screencastify.
Once you have updated this email address, please sign out and back into the extension and check if it's been upgraded.
Re-establish a Connection with Google Drive
Step 1: Sign out and in of the extension
- Open the extension's Main Menu
- Click "Sign Out"
- Click "Sign In with Google"
IMPORTANT: Make sure that the email you're signed in to the extension with is the same one that you purchased your license with.
You can also sign-in and out on the Screencastify Dashboard by clicking "Sign Out" and then clicking "Sign in with Google":
Step 2: Restart Chrome
If that doesn't work trying restarting Chrome. Sometimes Chrome needs a fresh start to reload all of the extensions you are using.
Step 3: Restart your computer
As a final measure please restart your computer, as this may remove whatever is blocking the license from syncing to your email address.
If you have tried each of these steps are you are still having trouble signing into Screencastify, please send us a screenshot of the Developer Console on the page where you are having trouble.
- To open the developer console in Google Chrome, please press Option + ⌘ + J (on macOS), or Shift + CTRL + J (on Windows/ChromeOS/Linux).
- Please take a screenshot of any errors that might be displayed on the page. For example: