If you're experiencing an issue with Screencastify that isn't covered in any of our troubleshooting articles, we recommend trying the following actions to attempt to resolve the issue. The majority of our users' problems are solved by following these steps: 🚧
Restart Chrome (You can type chrome://restart into the browser bar and click Enter.)
Perform a Hard Refresh:
1. 💻 To hard refresh Chrome on Windows/PC: Hold down Ctrl and press the reload button or F5.
2. 🖥 To hard refresh Chrome on Mac: Hold down Shift and press the reload button, or hold down Command, Shift, and press the 'R' key.
3. 💻 To hard refresh Chrome on a Chromebook: Hold the Ctrl/Shift key and press the 'R' key or the reload icon from the navigation toolbar.
Clear your cache and cookies: 🍪
1. 💻 Copy + Paste (You can copy and paste chrome://settings/clearBrowserData into a Chrome tab and click Clear data.)
2. 🖥 Next you will want to make sure browsing history, cookies and other site data, and cached images and files are selected - once selected, click on clear data.
Un-install & re-install
Try un-installing the extension and then re-installing.
(WARNING: if you save your recordings locally and not to your Google Drive, they will be permanently deleted when you uninstall Screencastify. Export them first.)
Try a different internet connection 🔆
(If its a connection issue)Try using Screencastify with a different internet connection like a different WiFi connection or even your phone's hotspot. This will help determine whether your network is blocking access to the extension.
Update your extension
Update your extension: In order to immediately start using the most recent version of our extension (as opposed to waiting for it to update automatically in the background, which can take a few days), you’ll need to manually update your Chrome extensions. Here’s a short article and video that walks you through how to do that:
Restarting your computer
Try restarting your computer 👩💻
What's Next? 💻
Are you still having trouble after trying each of these steps? Please reach out to us and provide the nature of your technical issue, we can help dive deeper into what could be causing this! 🤓