Once you've created your video and you are ready to copy the new "Watch Page" link on the Video Management Page, you will want to follow the GIF and written instructions below.
To learn how to set the "custom default sharing settings" for your watch page link,
click here: "Set your default "Watch Page" Share Settings"
- Click 'Share Settings' underneath the blue "Copy Share Link" in the upper right hand menu of your Video Management Page
- Next, you will update new watch page privacy settings
- Set how you want to set your viewing analytics
- Share your video by clicking "Copy Share Link"
Update privacy settings:
Simply click 'Share Settings' underneath the blue "Copy Share Link." You will then see the privacy settings pop-up in a new window. From here, you will want to click on the drop downs of each setting to update your desired privacy setting you want for your video.
Set who can access your video:
Only Me - This means that the video is not viewable by other people. If you want the video only to be accessible to you, then this is the right permission. If you want to share the video, choose a different permissions setting. Please note that ALL videos upon creation will be set to Only Me until you click on the 'Copy Share Link' button.
Anyone with this link - This means that anyone with the link can watch the video. You’ll be prompted to select how you would like to capture viewer information in the next step.
Anyone in my domain- This means that anyone with an email address that matches your private organizational domain (the part after the @ symbol) will be able to watch the video. Anyone without an email that matches your domain will not be able to access it.
Set how you want to track your viewers:
In addition to choosing a permission setting, you’ll also want to determine how you will capture your viewer information. Choosing “Anyone with this link” will prompt you to select one of the following options:
- By Email Address - This means that users will have to sign in with their Google account to view your video. Anyone with a Google account will be able to view your video, and you will be able to see exactly who watched your video in your analytics! Please note that the default setting for sharing your video is 'Anyone with the link' and By email address'.
Anonymously - This means that viewers will not have to sign in to access your video. This is helpful when you are sending a video for your students' parents to view. You may want to know it was viewed, but it’s more important that parents can access the video and less important to know exactly who watched the video.
By Name - This means that your viewer will be prompted to enter a name in order to watch your video. This allows you to gather meaningful but anonymous data on who watched your video.
Set custom default sharing settings configuration for my Watch Page link
You can easily create a default custom configuration setting for the videos you share via the Watch Page link. This helps if you know the settings you would always like to use for your videos-this way whenever you click the 'Copy Share Link' button, you know that your settings are exactly what they need to be. This setting configuration is for the Watch Page link only, if you want more information on changing your sharing permissions for the Google Drive link check out this article!
A video, upon creation, is always set to 'Only Me' but as soon as you click the 'Copy Share Link' button, the permissions will automatically update to the default permissions Screencastify has set for your videos. The base default setting for permissions is 'Anyone with this link' and 'Anonymous'. You can change this default setting at any time and create a custom default configuration if you wish! Here's a quick walkthrough:
- From the Video Management Page, select 'Show share settings' (if they are not already opened) and then click on the current setting shown
- You will see that the base default setting is checked off as 'Anyone with this link' and 'By email address'
- To change this, select the custom share settings you would like. Click on the drop down menu options under 'Who can access this video?' and 'How are analytics tracked?' Once you have selected your default share settings, click the box next to 'Save as Default Setting'.
- To save this custom configuration, click 'Save' This will lock in your custom settings!
Now, when you click on 'Copy Share Link' all of your videos will automatically be shared with the custom settings you've set them to!
Note: If you're sharing a video that you wish to have different share settings for other than your default, you can change those settings before sharing your video. This will not change your default sharing settings as long as you do not click on the 'Save as Default Setting' box. It will only change the permissions for that specific video.