If you see an "oops" message when exporting your edited project, please try the following steps:
- Perform a hard refresh
- Clear your cache and cookies
- Export using the opposite option (Screencastify vs. MP4)
- Make an additional edit and attempt to export again
- Allow 3rd party cookies
- Replace blurs with blank text boxes
- Check your available disk space
Perform a hard refresh
1. To hard refresh Chrome on Windows/PC: Hold down Ctrl and press the reload button or F5.
2. To hard refresh Chrome on Mac: Hold down Shift and press the reload button, or hold down Command, Shift, and press the 'R' key.
3. To hard refresh Chrome on a Chromebook: Hold the Ctrl/Shift keys and press the 'R' key or the reload icon from the navigation toolbar.
Clear your cache and cookies
- Copy and paste chrome://settings/clearBrowserData into a new Chrome tab and click enter
- Make sure Browsing history, Cookies and other site data, and Cached images and files are selected.
- Once selected, click "Clear data".
Export using the opposite option (Screencastify vs. MP4)
Here's how to export to Screencastify (Stored on Google Drive):
Here's how to export to MP4:
Make an additional edit and attempt to export again
Allow 3rd party cookies
Please follow these steps to allow 3rd party cookies:
- Copy and paste chrome://settings/cookies into a new tab
- Under General settings, click "Allow all cookies"
Replace blurs with blank text boxes
If you used the blur tool:
- Remove the blur(s)
- Replace them with a blank text box with a white background (or the color of your choice). Please refer to this article for information on how to add a text box and a background color.
Check your available disk space
For Screencastify to function properly, you will need at least 1 GB of available disk space. If you have less than 1 GB available, try freeing up space and then export again.
TIP: See the links below for instructions on how to free up space on your computer.
Are you still having trouble after trying the above steps? Please reach out to us and provide the nature of your technical issue, we can help dive deeper into what could be causing this!