Cutting and arranging clips is simple when you use the Screencastify video editor.
Cutting a clip
- Click a clip in your timeline to select it. A selected clip will have a thin yellow outline around it.
- Hover your mouse over the clip and move it to wherever you'd like to cut the clip. A live preview will appear above the timeline.
- When you reach the frame where you want to cut the clip, click once. A vertical grey bar will appear and will hold that spot.
- Click the scissors icon (or press Cmd/Ctrl B) to cut the clip.
- The originally selected clip will now be 2 clips, separated at the frame you selected.
You can use the scissors tool to create two cuts, one at the beginning and one at the end, and the delete the clip in the middle by clicking on it and using the trash can button. Now, you've removed that section from your video. Here's a quick video walkthrough:
To change the order of the clips in your timeline, simply click on a clip and drag it to its new desired location in the timeline. A vertical pink bar will appear to indicate where the selected clip will be placed.