Question: What do I do if Screencastify crashes in the middle of a recording?
Answer: If Screencastify consistently crashes in the middle of a recording, please try the following actions to resolve the problem:
Test Your Webcam
- Head to https://www.onlinemictest.com/webcam-test/ and see if your webcam is available to be recorded.
- If you have any trouble there, this points to a larger issue with the Chrome browser not being able to access the recording options.
Update Your Extension
- Ensure that you are using the most recent version by updating the extension.
- Here’s a short article and video that walks you through how to do that.
Turn Off Hardware Acceleration
- Copy and paste chrome://settings/system into a new Chrome tab and click Enter.
- Toggle "Use hardware acceleration when available" OFF
- After you toggle this OFF, click “Relaunch” to apply the changes.
If these steps don't work, please submit a support request for further assistance.