If Screencastify consistently crashes in the middle of a recording, please try the following actions to resolve the problem:
Disable Single Application Recording
- Head to the Screencastify Options menu
- Under Advanced, disable the setting called Enable single application recording. The toggle should appear grey.
Here's a demonstration of the process:
Try Recording at www.cam-recorder.com
- Please head to www.cam-recorder.com and see if your webcam is available to be recorded.
- If you have any trouble there, this helps point to a larger issue with the Chrome browser and being able to access the recording options browser-wide.
Update Your Extension
- Ensure that you are using the most recent version by updating the extension.
- Here’s a short article and video that walks you through how to do that.
If these steps don't work, please submit a support request for further assistance.