Question: What if I can't find the Screencastify extension?
Answer: If you've already installed Screencastify but can't find the extension, it's likely either hidden from your extension toolbar or disabled.
Unhiding the Screencastify extension
To unhide your extension, follow these steps:
- Click the puzzle piece icon in the top right corner of your browser to open the Extensions menu.
- Click the pin icon next to Screencastify - Screen Video Recorder extension listing to pin the Screencastify extension.
- You will now see the Screencastify extension next to the puzzle piece icon in the top right corner of your browser window.
Enabling the Screencastify extension
If the Screencastify extension icon didn't show up in the list when you tried to unhide it, check to make sure it's enabled in your extensions manager.
- Copy and paste chrome://extensions into a new Chrome Tab window
- Scroll down to "Screencastify - Screen Video Recorder" (if it's not there, you'll need to install it)
- Enable the toggle if it is disabled.
- See the instructions above to pin the Screencastify extension to your Chrome browser.
If you are still not able to find the extension, check and make sure you are logged into the correct G-Suite email
If you are still not finding the extension, please take the following step:
- Ensure that you're using your district-issued G-Suite email address or the google email your account is linked with. You can find this by visiting your account page and checking to see you are signed into google with the email you see in the left hand corner of your Screencastify account page.
Once you sign in with your correct email, you will want to be sure and reference the two steps ⬆️ above once more.