If you've already installed Screencastify but can't find the extension, it's likely either hidden from your extension toolbar or disabled.
Unhiding the Screencastify extension
To unhide your extension, follow these steps:
- Click the puzzle piece ( ) icon in the top right corner of your browser to open the Extensions menu.
- Click the pin () icon next to Screencastify - Screen Video Recorder extension listing to pin the Screencastify extension.
- You will now see the Screencastify extension next to the puzzle piece icon in the top right corner of your browser window ( ).
Enabling the Screencastify extension
If the Screencastify extension icon didn't show up in the list when you tried to unhide it, check to make sure it's enabled in your extensions manager.
- Copy and paste chrome://extensions into a new Chrome Tab window
- Scroll down to "Screencastify - Screen Video Recorder" (if it's not there, you'll need to install it)
- Enable the toggle () if it is disabled.
- See the instructions above to pin the Screencastify extension to your Chrome browser.
Now that you have the extension installed and pinned to your toolbar: