It's easy to publish your recordings directly to YouTube without ever leaving Screencastify 🥳
When you publish a video to YouTube, we will not be able to collect viewer analytics data on those videos. Publishing to YouTube is a share only option, if you wish to collect viewer analytics and/or create videos with interactive questions you will need to share your video using one of the options listed here!
Publish directly to YouTube
- From the Video Management Page, click 'Export to YouTube' under the Export Video section. (Your video will need to be saved to Google Drive before it can be published to YouTube)
- Connect your YouTube account and allow Screencastify permission to access it. You'll only need to do this once. If you do not have a YouTube channel set up yet, check out this article! You will need to have a YouTube channel before you are able to publish a recording to YouTube 😺
- Select the YouTube channel you want to publish the recording to
- Select your desired privacy setting (Private, Public, or Unlisted)
- Add a Description (Optional)
- Click UPLOAD
Once your video has been uploaded to YouTube, you'll see a success message. You can click on 'Copy link' to grab the video link and share it with your audience ⭐️
If you delete a recording in Screencastify that you have already published to YouTube, it will not be deleted from YouTube as well.