Question: How do I adjust the microphone volume?
Answer: You can adjust the microphone volume before you begin your recording in the extension settings or all of the audio in your recording afterward in the editor.
To adjust the microphone volume:
- Change the microphone sensitivity in the extension settings before you record
- Or change the audio volume after you've recorded your video in the editor
Change the microphone sensitivity in the extension before you record
To adjust the input volume for your microphone before you begin your recording:
- Click on the Screencastify extension in the top right corner of your Google Chrome window
- Toggle "Microphone" on
2. Click on the microphone icon next to the "Select" microphone drop-down menu
3. Drag the circle left or right on the sound bar to adjust the microphone volume
Change the audio volume after you've recorded your video in the editor
Note: This will change the volume for ALL recorded audio. Not just the microphone audio.
To adjust the volume in the editor:
- Click on the clip you would like to adjust the audio for
- Then you can raise or lower the volume on the volume bar
- Click "Done" to save the changes