The Screencastify extension is very simple to navigate. There are four places within the extension that you'll become familiar with:
Recording Control Panel
The Recording Control Panel is the first thing that pops up whenever you open the Screencastify extension. From the Recording Control Panel, you can choose your screencast settings and record your browser tab, entire desktop, or webcam. Click here to learn how to record with Screencastify.
You can access the Main Menu by clicking the icon in the Recording Control Panel. From the Main Menu, you can access:
Video Management Page
The Video Management Page automatically loads after you end a recording. From the Video Management Page, you can:
- Playback the recording
- Share a watch page link
- Rename your recording
- Trim your recording
- Launch the Editor to Edit your recording
- Save and share your recording
- Export your recording
- Discard your recording
- See your video(s) viewers 👀
- Create interactive questions for your recording
- Generate Captions for your recording (if your district is opted in for captions).
Your "My Recordings" page is a library where you can view all of your videos. To access "My Recordings," click the icon in the top right-hand corner of the Recording Control Panel or click "My Recordings" in the Main Menu.
From "My Recordings," you can:
- View the Video Management Page for each of your recordings
- Delete your recordings (individually or all at once)
- View your recordings directly in your Google Drive
When you delete a Screencastify recording from your My Recording's folder, the recording will also be deleted from your "Screencastify" folder in your Google Drive.
What's Next? 🧐
Learn about the three different ways to record: