Question: How do I record my desktop?
Answer: You can record your desktop by selecting "Desktop Recording" in your extension settings before you begin your recording.
To record your desktop:
- Click on the extension in the top right corner of your Google Chrome window.
- Select the Desktop option
- Toggle Microphone on if you would like to record your voice as well. Just make sure to wear headphones to avoid echo.
- If you would like to record the audio coming from your computer select "show more options"
- Toggle "System Audio" on (not available for Mac computers)
- Click "Record"
- On the Chrome pop-up window, click on the "share system audio" box in the bottom left corner
- Select "Share" to begin recording
NOTE: If you choose a specific application, Screencastify will only capture that application window.
Prefer to see this all in a video? We're partial to video, too!😁 Check out the whole process on the Screencastify Help YouTube page: