Question: How do I record my desktop?
Answer: You can record your desktop by selecting "Desktop" in your extension settings before you begin your recording.
To record your desktop:
- Click on the extension at the top right corner of your Google Chrome window.
- Select the Desktop recording option
- Toggle "Microphone" on if you would like to record your voice.
- If you would like to record the audio coming from your computer, select "Show more options" and toggle "System Audio" on (not available for Mac computers). Tip: If you are recording both microphone and system audio, wear headphones to avoid an echo.
- Click "Record"
- On the Chrome pop-up window, choose what you'd like to record. Also, check the "Share system audio" box in the bottom left corner if you enabled system audio in step 4.
- Click "Share" to begin recording
NOTE: If you choose a specific application, Screencastify will only capture that application window.
Prefer to see this all in a video? We're partial to video, too! 😁 Check out the whole process on the Screencastify Help YouTube page: