When you record your webcam, Screencastify will capture only what your webcam sees. Nothing on your computer screen will be recorded. Here's how to record just your webcam:
Start a webcam recording
- Click the extension icon to open up the Recording Control Panel
- Select the Webcam Only option
- To include audio, enable "Microphone" and choose your audio device.
- The soundbar next to the microphone icon will light up if it is successfully detecting sound. If it's not, click here to troubleshoot audio issues.
- Make sure that Screencastify has detected your webcam and that it shows up in the "Camera" dropdown menu: . If it's not, click here to troubleshoot camera issues.
- If you would like to change the countdown, click Show more options and choose from a 3, 5, or 10-second countdown, or disable the countdown altogether.
- Click "Record" . A preview window will pop up and show you what your webcam is recording. If you chose to enable a countdown, you will see and hear as this counts down and then your recording will begin.
NOTE: When Screencastify is recording, a red dot will appear in the extension's icon:
End a webcam recording
When you're finished recording, click the stop button . You'll then be taken to the Video Details Page, where you can edit and share your recording.
TIP: You can also end your recording via a keyboard shortcut: Alt + Shift + R for a PC/Chromebook of Option + Shift + R for a Mac.
Prefer to see this all in a video? We're partial to video, too!😁 Check out the whole process on the Screencastify Help YouTube page: