When you connect your Google Drive to Screencastify, all of your recordings will automatically save to your Google Drive in a folder titled "Screencastify."
NOTE: We highly recommend connecting your Google Drive to Screencastify and saving all of your recordings there vs. locally on your computer. It's much safer.
In just a few clicks you will be able to:
Connect to Google Drive
After installing the extension, click on the Screencastify icon ( ), which will open the Screencastify Setup page.
- Click on the blue "Sign in with Google" button. You can sign in with any Google-based account. (If you are signed into your browser with multiple accounts, please choose the one you would like to sync with Screencastify.)
- Choose the Google Account you wish to use. If you are not already signed into your browser, you will need to enter your password. Your password will be the same password used for that specific email address.
- Click on the blue 'Allow' button to allow access to your Google Drive files and folders so we can add your Screencastify videos directly to your Google Drive.
- Tell us a bit about yourself:
- Are you a student, teacher, administrator, business professional, or none of the above?
- If you are a teacher, which grade level(s) do you teach?
- Are you 13 or older, or under 13?
NOTE: To update your survey responses in the future, please head to https://app.screencastify.com/survey. Here's a quick video walkthrough.
Enable the Screencastify Tools
To set up the Screencastify Record extension to work with your computer:
- Please grant access to your webcam and microphone by clicking "Enable mic and webcam" and choosing "Allow" from the pop-up.
- To embed our annotation tools on the sites that you visit, click "Enable tools" and choose "Allow" from the pop-up.
NOTE: Screencastify never monitors or stores your browsing data or uses your webcam/microphone when you are not recording. For more information, see Why do you ask for Chrome permissions?
TROUBLESHOOTING TIP: If Screencastify is unable to detect your microphone, click here. If it's unable to detect your webcam, click here.
Go on a Guided Tour
Finally, choose whether or not you would like to be taken on a tour. If you click "Show me around" we will walk you through how to pin the Screencastify extension to your toolbar, how to set up and begin recording, how to use our annotation tools, and how to end your recordings.
Prefer to see this all in a video? We're partial to video, too! Check out the whole process on the Screencastify Help YouTube page: