Create an Assignment
Let's say that you are going to create an assignment where you want students to sing along with a video in Canvas.
- Create your assignment in Canvas. You might name your assignment and put a link to the video you want them to sing along with.
- In order to attach a link that students can actually use to submit their reading of this passage, you can go to Screencastify Submit and make an assignment. You might name your assignment using the name of the period and the content of the assignment.
- Give students instructions within the Screencastify Submit assignment. You might ask that they record themselves singing along with the video and add the link to the video.
- Choose a "Webcam and microphone" recording to capture their faces as they're singing along.
- Choose your email and sharing settings.
- Copy the link from the assignment to paste back into Canvas.
- Add the due date and assign the Canvas assignment.
Add the due date and assign the Canvas assignment.
Students Complete the Assignment
- After clicking on the Submit assignment and clicking "Record," students can follow the link to the YouTube video.
- When they are finished, they hit "Stop Recording" to send this video to their teacher's Google Drive folder.
- Students can also share the video to Canvas by downloading and adding their video to the assignment, adding any comments they would like.
View the Student's Video
From the teacher's point of view, they can now see that a video has been submitted. Teachers can click on that video and watch what the student recorded to assess and/or provide feedback.