Question: Why can't I start a desktop recording on my Mac computer?
Answer: MacOS may require you to re-enable screen recording in System Preferences in order to successfully use Screencastify.
To re-enable screen recording:
1. Navigate to System Preferences
2. Select Security & Privacy
3. At the top, select the Privacy tab
4. On the left, select Screen Recording
5. Before making changes, you may need to click the lock at the bottom left, and enter your password.
6. Click the words Google Chrome (Google Chrome should become highlighted in blue.)
7. Click the minus (-) button to remove Google Chrome
8. Click the plus (+) button to re-add Google Chrome
9. Select Google Chrome from your list of applications
10. Click "Quit & Reopen"
Here's a video walkthrough of the entire process: