MacOS Monterey requires users to re-enable screen recording in System Preferences. If you have not re-enabled screen recording, you may not be able to start a desktop recording.
NOTE: If you experience this on macOS Big Sur, please follow the same process outlined below.
Luckily, re-enabling screen recording is a simple process. 🥳 Here are the necessary steps:
1. Navigate to System Preferences
2. Select Security & Privacy
3. At the top, select the Privacy tab
4. On the left, select Screen Recording
5. Before making changes, you may need to click the lock at the bottom left, and enter your password.
Walkthrough of steps 1-5:
6. Click the words Google Chrome (Google Chrome should become highlighted in blue.)
7. Click the minus (-) button to remove Google Chrome
8. Click the plus (+) button to re-add Google Chrome
9. Select Google Chrome from your list of applications
10. Click "Quit & Reopen"
Walkthrough of steps 6-10:
That's it! You've re-enabled screen recording on your device and you're ready to continue making amazing videos! 😎
Prefer to see this in video? Here's a video walkthrough of the entire process: