After creating a video with the Screencastify Record extension, you will now see a section that indicates how many viewers have seen your video through the Watch Page Link. Viewer Analytics are insights into who is watching your videos from the Watch Page Link.
Here are the sharing options available that WILL collect Viewer Analytics:
Share to Classroom
- From the Video Management Page, select the Google Classroom button to "Share to Classroom" under the section
- You'll then be taken to Google Classroom, where you can share the recording in a few different ways:
- As part of an assignment
- To ask a question
- To make an announcement, or,
- To create course material
To create an assignment out of a recording you are sharing to Classroom, you will want to click on the "Create assignment" option in the drop down menu.
Share your recording to multiple Google Classrooms
You will be able to accomplish this after you have already published the initial assignment
Once you have submitted your finished assignment to Classroom by clicking "create assignment," you will then have the chance to assign it to multiple classrooms.
Share to Wakelet
Before you can upload a video to a Wakelet collection, you'll first need to add it from our App Smash Library. Here's how:
- Select the plus sign to "Add a sharing option" in the Sharing Apps section of the Video Management Page.
- On the new page that pops up, toggle Wakelet On
- You can then click on 'Back to video' to navigate back to the Video Management Page 🥳
Upload Recordings to Wakelet
Once you've added Wakelet as a share option, it'll display on the Video Page for all future and past recordings. Follow the quick steps below to get your recordings uploaded:
- Select "Share to Wakelet" button under the Share Apps section on the Video Management Page.
- Select the collection you'd like the video to be uploaded to.
- That's it! Your video will be viewable from within the collection.
Share to Remind
Before you can upload a video to Remind, you'll first need to add it from our App Smash Library. Here's how:
- Select the plus button to "Add a Sharing Option" in the Sharing Apps section of the Video Management Page.
- On the new page that pops up, toggle Remind On
Upload Recordings to Remind
Once you've added Remind as a share option, it'll display on the Video Page for all future and past recordings. Follow the quick steps below to get your recordings uploaded:
- Select the Remind icon to "Share on Remind" under the Sharing Apps section on the Video Management Page.
- Select the class you'd like to share the video with.
- Type a message (optional) and select "Send."
- That's it. Your audience just got a text or email with your message.
Generate a QR Code
- Select the QR Code icon under the 'Sharing Apps' section on the Video Management Page
- A window will pop up with the QR code for your recording.
- You can either copy the QR code (which copies the code to your clipboard) or download the QR code for printing 🥳
Currently, videos shared via these methods below will NOT collect viewer analytics You may still share the watch page link but you will NOT receive any of the analytics if videos are shared this way:
Any kind of download/export
Publishing to Youtube
Getting the embed code
Uploading to Edpuzzle
- Sharing via the Google Drive Link