Question: Why Do I See An 'unknown' Error?
Answer: The 'unknown' error is usually specific to the device or account being used with Screencastify.
- Try following these general troubleshooting suggestions here.
- If you're using a Mac computer make sure your Mac is up to date.
- If your device couldn't be restored and you get a message that "an unknown error occurred [error number]," use these steps.
- If the above steps do not seem to work, try switching your internet connection. If that helps, please contact your IT admin to whitelist the domains from this article here.
- If you are still experiencing this issue and think it could be account-related, we also recommend trying some of our sign-in-specific troubleshooting steps as well!
If these steps don't work, please submit a support request for further assistance.