If you see the error message "Check out this video I recorded with Screencastify: undefined," when using the send a recording in an email feature, there may be an error occurring in the process of sending the recording. While either the recipient or the sender can experience this error message, you should be able to fix this by having the sender of the email troubleshoot on their end.
If you are seeing this error message when sending a recording via email, please have the sender and creator of the recording try the following troubleshooting suggestions:
- Perform a Hard Refresh
- Try un-installing the extension and then re-installing.
- Try restarting Chrome
- Try restarting your computer.
- Clear your cache and cookies (You can copy and paste chrome://settings/clearBrowserData into a Chrome tab and click Clear data.)
- (If its a connection issue)Try using Screencastify with a different internet connection like a different WiFi connection or even your phone's hotspot. This will help determine whether your network is blocking access to the extension.
- Update your extension: In order to immediately start using the most recent version of our extension (as opposed to waiting for it to update automatically in the background, which can take a few days), you’ll need to manually update your Chrome extensions. Here’s a short article and video that walks you through how to do that.
If these steps don't work, please submit a support request for further assistance.