Screencastify videos are automatically saved to your Google Drive account as .webm files. The people you share your Screencastify videos with do NOT need a Screencastify account in order to play these files, but if they have any trouble playing them, it could be for two reasons:
- Third-party cookies have been blocked
- The video's sharing settings do not allow students to view the videos
Here are some helpful resources to fix both of these issues:
Unblocking Third-Party Cookies
To play videos stored in Drive, you need to turn on third-party cookies. Learn how to turn cookies on and off.
Updating Video Sharing Settings
Step 1: Find the file you want to share
- On a computer, go to Google Drive and find the folder titled "Screencastify."
- Click the file you want to share, or hold Shift on your keyboard to select two or more files.
- Click Share or Share .
Note: You can also share the entire folder.
Step 2: Choose who to share with & how they can use your file
If you use a Google Account through work or school, you might not be able to share files outside of your organization.
- Select the file you want to share.
- Click Share or Share or Share Get link.
- Under "Share with people and groups," enter the email address you want to share with, or under "Get Link," click your Organization Name or Anyone with the link.
- Important: If you share with an email address that isn’t a Google Account, they can only view the file.
- To change what people can do to your doc, on the right, click the Down arrow Viewer, Commenter, or Editor.
- If you've chosen to share the file(s) with specific people, you can choose to notify them.
- If you want to notify people that you shared a video with them, check the box next to Notify people. If you notify people, each email address you enter will be included in the email.
- If you don't want to notify people, uncheck the box.
- Click Share or Send or Done.
You can send other people a link to your file so anyone with the link can use it. Here's a quick walkthrough.