The use of captions is incredibly helpful for all students. Luckily, it's easy to quickly add them to Screencastify videos.
Add Captions on Google Drive
- Create a transcript file
- Go to Google Drive and click on the video you’d like to add captions to
- Click on the menu on the top right and select “Manage caption tracks”
- Click “add new caption tracks” and select your transcript
- Upload your transcript
Add Captions on YouTube
- Visit your Video Manager
- Select the video you’d like to add captions to
- In the sidebar menu, click “Other Options” and then “Translation and transcription”
- Select “Add new subtitles or CC”
- Select “Create new subtitles or CC” (Selecting this option allows you to edit the auto-generated content from YouTube)
Adding a video to YouTube is possible in just a few clicks from the Video Page.