Question: Can I add captions to a Screencastify video?
Answer: At this time the best way to add captions to a video you have made on Screencastify is through:
Add Captions on Google Drive
- Create a transcript file
- Go to Google Drive and click on the video you’d like to add captions to
- Click on the menu on the top right and select “Manage caption tracks”
- Click “add new caption tracks” and select your transcript
- Upload your transcript
Add Captions on YouTube
- Visit your Video Manager
- Select the video
- In the sidebar menu, click “Other Options” and then “Translation and transcription”
- Select “Add new subtitles or CC”
- Select “Create new subtitles or CC” (Selecting this option allows you to edit the auto-generated content from YouTube)
Add Captions to a Google Slide Presentation
- Open Google Slides
- Select Presentation you’d like to add captions to
- When you present with Google Slides, click the CC button in the lower-left corner. Press
Cshortcut to enable closed captioning.
- Begin talking--Your mic will pick up everything you say and add it as closed captioning at the bottom of your presentation. (We recommend using headphones or an external microphone to eliminate any unintended background noise).
Adding a video to YouTube is possible in just a few clicks from the Video Page.