When the automatic assignment is enabled, people with an email @yourdomain.com can claim one of your licenses when they sign in to the Screencastify extension. These licenses will be doled out on a first-come, first-serve basis until you have no licenses remaining.
- Go to your License Manager
- Click the toggle next to "Automatic Assignment" to turn it on
- Enter your domain name (e.g. "screencastify.com")
- Click outside the text box to save
NOTE: If you have more than one unique domain and want to automatically assign licenses, add the second domain in the same place and hit enter or click outside the text box to save.
Users vs. Admins
You will see a tab for individual users to be uploaded, and as your users claim Screencastify licenses, their emails will appear here. You can reassign or revoke those licenses at any time.
You can assign additional License Admins to appear here.
A License Admin does not automatically receive access to Screencastify Unlimited. They only receive access to being a License Admin.
Prefer to see this all in a video? We're partial to video, too! 😁 Check out the whole process on the Screencastify Help YouTube page:
What's Next? 🧐
Here are some other user-management tips:
Force Install - you can force install the Screencastify extension and manage additional settings as the Google admin
Announcement Template - we created this fun template so you can let everyone know that y'all have Unlimited
- How to Install the Record Extension - here's a PDF 'cheat sheet' that you can send to your teacher's and students on how to easily install the extension and get started 🥳