There are a few ways that you can use Screencastify Submit with Google Classroom.
One way to do this is by enabling the Google Classroom Submit integration. This option will help you to create a new assignment that is directly integrated within your Google Classroom's classwork for students. Please check out this article for a more detailed walkthrough on this process.
You also have the ability to create an assignment in Submit and publish it to Google Classroom without enabling the Screencastify integration, which you can accomplish by using the below steps.
Create an Assignment in Submit
- Go to your Submit Dashboard and create an assignment.
- On the "Your assignment is live 🎉" page click the Share to Classroom icon.
- On the new page that pops up, select your class in Google Classroom and assignment settings.
Here's the whole process on our Screencastify Help YouTube page:
Receive Submissions in Google Classroom
From the student's point of view, they will see the new assignment in Google Classroom and click the Screencastify Submit link to record themselves.
- Once a student submits a video to Classroom, students can also share the video directly to Google Classroom by clicking "Share video to Classroom."
- Students can choose their class, and the assignment, click "Go," "Attach," and "View the Assignment."
- The video they recorded with Screencastify Submit is ready! Students click "Turn In" and click "Turn in" again to send the video to their teacher.
View the Student's Video
From the teacher's point of view, they can now see that a video has been submitted to Google Classroom.
- Teachers can click on that video and watch what the student recorded.
- Teachers can provide a grade and comments to the student for their video.