If you get stuck signing into your Screencastify Record, Edit, or Submit account, it may be for a few reasons:
- Your Chrome browser is blocking third-party cookies
- Another extension is blocking access to Screencastify
- Your survey responses need to be updated
- Your Google Admin settings are denying access to Screencastify
- Reset the access to Screencastify from your browser
Your Chrome Browser is Blocking Third-Party Cookies
Please follow these steps to allow 3rd party cookies:
- Copy and paste chrome://settings/cookies into a new tab
- Under General settings, click "Allow all cookies"
If this setting was already enabled, another extension may be blocking cookies.
Another Extension is Blocking Screencastify
Please allow access to the following domains on your privacy / ad-blocking extensions in order for our tools to function properly:
A good way to check whether another extension is blocking access to Screencastify is to try and access https://app.screencastify.com from an incognito window. Here's a quick walkthrough.
If you can successfully access the Screencastify Dashboard from an incognito window, there is another extension that is blocking your access. You should disable your extensions one by one to determine which one is blocking access to Screencastify. To disable an extension:
- Copy and paste chrome://extensions/ into a Chrome tab and click enter
- Toggle the extension to the OFF position
We also have additional information about restrictive network filtering here to consider if your Network Administrators have particularly stringent filters in place.
Your Survey Responses Need to Be Updated
Sometimes we see issues when unexpected responses are calculated for our onboarding survey, which causes problems when people try to sign into their Screencastify account. To update your survey responses, please head to https://app.screencastify.com/survey.
Your Google Admin is Blocking Access to Screencastify
Your Google Administrator may have a policy enforced that keeps you from signing into Screencastify. Please ask them to fix it by following these directions.
In case your Google Admin asks, when this policy is enforced, Screencastify sees the following:
error_description: "Access denied by a security policy established by the
Google Apps administrator of your organization. Please contact your
administrator for further assistance."
You will not be able to log into Screencastify with your school- or district-issued account until this is resolved by your Google Admin. One suggestion is to remove and then re-add the permissions for Screencastify at https://myaccount.google.com/permissions for any user who is having trouble accessing Screencastify.
Reset the access to Screencastify from your browser
If none of the above options work to help you sign in, please revoke access to Screencastify and try signing in again. You can revoke access by going to:
- Under 'Third-party apps with account access', scroll until you find Screencastify
- Click on 'Screencastify'
- Then click 'Remove Access'
If you have tried each of these steps above and you are still having trouble signing into Screencastify, please reach out to us and we'll be happy to help! In the course of troubleshooting your issue, the Screencastify Support team may ask you to take a screenshot of the developer console. Here's some additional information on that here!
What's Next? 🧐
- I paid for a license but still see the free version
- Navigating Your Account Dashboard
- Restrictive Network Filtering