If you get stuck signing into your Screencastify Record, Edit, or Submit account, it may be for a few reasons:
- Your browser is blocking third-party cookies.
- Another extension is blocking access to Screencastify.
- Your Google Admin settings are denying access to Screencastify.
- Reset the access to Screencastify from your browser.
Your Chrome Browser is Blocking Third-Party Cookies
Please follow these steps to allow 3rd party cookies:
- Copy and paste chrome://settings/cookies into a new tab
- Under General settings, click "Allow all cookies"
If this setting was already enabled, another extension may be blocking cookies.
Another Extension is Blocking Screencastify
on your privacy / ad-blocking extensions in order for our tools to function properly.
A good way to check that this might be the case is also to try and access https://app.screeencastify.com from an incognito window. Here's a quick walkthrough. If you can access it from an incognito window, there is another extension that is blocking your access.
You should disable your extensions one by one to determine which one is blocking access to Screencastify.
Your Google Admin is Blocking Access to Screencastify
Your Google Administrator may have a policy enforced that keeps you from signing into Screencastify. Please ask them to fix it by following these directions.
In case your Google Admin asks, when this policy is enforced, Screencastify sees the following:
error_description: "Access denied by a security policy established by the
Google Apps administrator of your organization. Please contact your
administrator for further assistance."
You will not be able to log into Screencastify with your school- or district-issued account until this is resolved by your Google Admin.
Reset the access to Screencastify from your browser
If none of the above options work to help you sign in, please revoke access to Screencastify and try signing in again. You can revoke access by going to:
- Third-party apps with account access
- Remove Access
If you have tried each of these steps are you are still having trouble signing into Screencastify, please send us a screenshot of the Developer Console on the page where you are having trouble.
- To open the developer console in Google Chrome, please press Option + ⌘ + J (on macOS), or Shift + CTRL + J (on Windows/ChromeOS/Linux).
- Please take a screenshot of any errors that might be displayed on the page. For example: