At the beginning of September 2020, we officially launched the Screencastify Suite 🎉. Now, we offer three products centered around communicating through video:
There are a few things we're committed to across all of our products:
- We'll offer a free version of each of our products, forever 🥳 (Check out our free offerings below)
- We'll ensure we make them as simple to use as humanely possible (Who needs a product that's difficult to use?)
- And, we're committed to supporting the integrations you love (Google Drive saving across all products ✅ )
Screencastify Record, our Chrome extension, allows you to create recordings that capture what's on your screen, your webcam, or a combination of the two.
This product is perfect for creating tech tutorials that showcase what's on your screen, recording instructional videos, and just about anything else. Trust us - it's one of the simplest tools you can use to create videos from your browser.
So, what's Record Free? The free version of Screencastify Record allows you to record as many videos (up to 30 minutes in length each) as you’d like, and store up to 10 of those videos in your Screencastify library. The free plan also includes the following limitations:
- Blocked mp4 and mp3 exports
- Videos exported to YouTube show a Screencastify branded watermark
Limited viewer analytics - preview first 3 viewers
Screencastify Edit, our browser-based editor, allows you to polish recordings with ease.
This product is perfect for capturing your viewers attention with a zoom effect, making things even clearer by adding text to your videos, or getting rid of unwanted footage with our crop and trim tools.
So, what's Edit Free? The free version of Screencastify Edit allows you to export videos up to 30 minutes in length. That's the only limitation. Use all of the features you want with reckless abandon and you can even export videos from anywhere (not just videos created in Screencastify Record).
Screencastify Submit, our assignment creation tool, is perfect for requesting and organizing videos from other people.
This product is perfect for creating a magic link that allows your students to record videos and easily submit them to you, getting a ton of videos from your colleagues, or requesting quick walkthroughs of something on screen to offer super quick tech support.
So, what's Submit Free? The free version of Screencastify Submit allows you to create one active assignment. That's the only limitation. You can close an assignment to create more assignments at any time. If you'd like to have more than one active assignment at a time, you can check out Submit Unlimited.
What's Next? 🧐
Great question! We hope you end up using all of our products (and purchasing the ones that make sense for you).
- As an individual, you can choose to upgrade at any time from your "My Subscriptions" page
- Schools and districts can upgrade instantly and generate an up-to-date official quote here