Screencastify has a built-in feature that can stop your recording after a certain amount of time has elapsed. 😺 Auto-stop is particularly helpful if you (or your students) have a time limit for whatever you're presenting in your screencast. You can either auto stop your recording:
Keep in mind, though, that Screencastify requires at least 1 GB of free disk space to work properly, even if you save your recordings on Google Drive. In order to protect your recording from being corrupted, Screencastify will automatically pause your recording if disk space is dangerously low.
If you would like to utilize auto-stop, particularly for lengthy recordings, we suggest checking out this article here for more information on ensuring you have enough disk space available!
Once your recording has begun
- Start any recording you would like 🥳 Auto-stop works for tab, desktop, or webcam recordings!
- Click the extension icon during your recording
- Select the amount of time you'd like Screencastify to record before automatically stopping ⭐️
Before you begin recording
You can also set the auto-stop timing before starting your recording in the Advanced Settings menu!
- Click on the extension icon
- Click on the gear icon to open the 'Advanced Settings' panel
- Click on the the value next to 'Auto-stop'
- You can then either select a pre-set time from the menu or set a custom time!
If you enable auto-stop, Screencastify will stop after the selected amount of time has elapsed from when your recording began, not from when you enabled auto-stop.