Using a Video as Instructions
If you want to make a Submit assignment where you record yourself asking questions in a video to have the students to respond to, you can:
- Use the Screencastify Recorder extension to record yourself asking the questions (https://youtu.be/ZfcpY61ao38)
- Use the video and publish it to YouTube (https://youtu.be/3A0weL24UXA)
- Make the Submit assignment with a title, and instructions that ask students to:
- Click record
- Watch and respond to the video on Youtube, pausing after each question
This assignment could capture the students' webcams while they view and respond to the YouTube video.
When students use this assignment:
- They click "Record"
- Watch and respond to the YouTube video
- Return to the original tab and click "Submit"
Linking to Other Videos in Assignment Instructions
With Submit, you are able to link to videos and/or files in your instructions. For example, if you create an assignment like this:
And here's what the assignment looks like as a student: https://app.screencastify.com/record/_gnwDDz2hJ3_dBelHe