It's totally possible to have students access Submit from Schoology! In fact, there are two ways to add Submit Assignments to Schoology. You can:
Add a Submit Link to an Assignment
- Create your assignment in Schoology. Give that assignment a Name and Description. (Hint: You may want to use the same name and description from your Submit assignment)
- Next, grab the link from Screencastify Submit. You can paste it into the assignment description portion of the Schoology assignment. (If you haven't created an assignment yet, you can check out the steps here.)
- Configure your settings. Choose a due date, category, learning objective, or whatever else you'd like.
Check out the whole process on our Screencastify Help YouTube page:
Add Submit as an External Tool
(Big thanks to Katie Aquino, and Instructional Coach from Leyden High School District 212, for the following information!)
Another option for having students record directly within Schoology is to add Screencastify Submit as an external tool.
- Click on "Add Materials" and instead of choosing "add Assignment," choose "Add File/Link/External Tool"
- Choose "External Tool"
- Add your Screencastify Submit Assignment Title
- Copy your Submit assignment link into the URL field
- Click Submit
The Submit assignment will be posted as an external tool. When students log into their Schoology course, they will see they have an option to click on the external tool and they can get started recording right within Schoology!
Here's the magic on the Screencastify Help YouTube page:
Complete Submit Assignments in Schoology as a Student
Regardless of how you add the Submit assignment, it'll look very similar for your students. Here's a video demonstration of what they'll see:
Grading Submit Assignments
If you add Submit as an external tool, it'll make grading a whole lot easier ✅ .
- Once it's added, click on "Enable Grading."
- Configure your assignment settings. Add a number of points, a Due Date, a Category, and a Period
- Click "Save Changes" and head to your Gradebook!
The Submit assignment now has its own column and it's ready to for you to input a grade for each student.
Check it all out on our Screencastify Help YouTube page here: