The Screencastify video editor allows you to merge and edit as many video clips as you'd like.
You can see the clips you're working in the timeline at the bottom of the editor. This is an empty timeline:
And this is a timeline loaded with two different clips:
Adding a video to your timeline
To add a video to your timeline, follow these steps:
Allowable upload file types: .mp4 .webm .mkv .flv .f4v .avi .mov .wmv .mpg .mpeg .m2v .m4v .3gp .3g2
- Open the Screencastify Editor at https://edit.screencastify.com
- Click on the blue "+" button to add a clip
- Choose whether you would like to add a clip from Google Drive or
upload a clip from your computer
- Select a video to add to your timeline
Repeat the above steps to add multiple videos to your timeline.
Note: It is not currently possible to see a full-resolution version of the video clips you add to the Screencastify Editor. This is done so that we can quickly process the videos and decrease wait time while you are making edits.
Removing a video or clip from your timeline
To remove a video from your timeline:
- Click on the clip you want to delete in your timeline to select it. Your desired clip will have a thin yellow outline.
- Once highlighted, click the trash can icon or press "Delete" on your keyboard.
Detail of above process in the editor timeline:
What's Next? 🤓
It's time to: