If you use Screencastify Submit AND Google Classroom, this option will help you to create a new assignment that is directly integrated within your Google Classroom's classwork for students.
To create a new Submit Google Classroom assignment:
- Select Google Classroom as assignment type,
- Select a recording type,
- Name this assignment,
- Complete the Google Classroom assignment setup, and
- View your live assignment on Classroom.
Step One: Select Google Classroom as your assignment type
Go to your Submit Dashboard and click the blue "New Assignment" button in the top left to create your assignment.
- Select the Google Classroom option as your assignment type
Note: Please make sure you have toggled on the Screencastify integration for Google Classroom. Click here for a refresher on how to complete this step.
Step Two: Select a recording type
What type of video do you want people to submit to you? (Here's the difference between these three types of assignments.)
- Screen + Webcam recording: The video will record the screen with an embedded webcam and the microphone. These assignments are only available from desktop versions of Chrome (desktop computers, laptops, or Chromebooks); mobile devices cannot yet record a screen.
- Webcam recording only: The video will record the webcam and microphone. These assignments are available for all devices.
- Screen recording only: The video will record the screen and microphone. These assignments are only available from desktop versions of Chrome (desktop computers, laptops, or Chromebooks); mobile devices cannot yet record a screen.
Step Three: Name this assignment
- Create a title: Create a title for your assignment to display to your students on Google Classroom
- Add some instructions: These instructions will be displayed for people who visit your Classroom assignment. You can insert a link to a video, a website, an audio clip, or anything else you would like people to access while creating their videos.
Step 4: Complete the Google Classroom assignment setup
You get a few options when setting up your assignment to match your Google Classroom settings:
- Select the class you would like the assignment to be for
- Select which students to assign it to
- Set a point value or make the assignment ungraded
- Set a due date for the assignment or schedule your assignment for a future date
- Set a topic for your assignment (from your previously created topics)
Note: You can always go back and edit this later
Step Five: View your live assignment on Classroom
Once you have created a Google Classroom Submit Assignment, you are invited to view your assignment live on Google Classroom. Click on the blue View on Classroom button to be brought to Google Classroom where you can view your Submit assignment:
Prefer to see this all in a video? We're partial to video, too! Check out the whole process on the Screencastify Help YouTube page: